🔕 🔔

Freezable birthday cake? (preferable low sugar)

I'd like to make a birthday cake to take to surprise my mother on her milestone birthday. It will have to travel well in a 5 hour car drive and we won't eat it for 3 days so I'm thinking of packing it frozen with ice-packs. Any ideas on a cake that freezes well?
Also, my mom is diabetic so it's better if the cake is either relatively low sugar or can be made with sugar substitute.
I know that's a lot to ask! Any ideas?

asked by lloreen 8 days ago

This looks really good and the ingredients don't send any red flags. I have not made it though:

http://www.diabeticlivingonline...

Cheesecake freezes well, there are low sugar recipes our there, and you can use no-added-sugar garnishes.