🔕 🔔

cold pressed coconut oil

What are the benefits of cold pressed as opposed to one that's not?

asked by ATG117 over 3 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Coconut oil that is "cold pressed" means the oil from the coconut meat is mechanically pressed, and temperatures do not exceed 120 F. This is to preserve its healthful benefits. Pure cold-pressed coconut oil is also not refined, processed or deodorized. I have always purchased cold pressed on the advice of my naturopath.

Thanks. So what I was wondering, and perhaps unclear about, is whether there are actual taste benefits to one that is cold pressed.