Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »

How would I go about making chicken thighs in a salt crust?

I want to try making chicken in a salt crust, but all the recipes I see are for a whole chicken, and not the chicken thighs I happen to have on me (and can afford). Is there any reason why I can't do that with just chicken thighs? In addition, for instructions that say to place aromatics inside the chicken, how would I do that for just thighs?

asked by Maybeofftopic365 almost 2 years ago

Treat the thighs like you would a salt-baked fish. Lay them out on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper or foil, cover with salt, bake. If using aromatics, put them under the thighs.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.