Glaze for a Cake -Without Powdered Sugar???

I'm making a chocolate bundt cake with a coconut filling and would like to make either a vanilla or coconut glaze. The cake is way too rich for a boiled frosting, but I really don't like powdered sugar. Other ideas are most welcome.

asked by Melusine over 4 years ago

This might help: http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/make-glaze-granulated-sugar-28127.html

Melusine

This is perfect -- thank you!

I like to do a glaze this way on pound/bundt cakes. It's basically the same method as in the link above, but you poke holes in the hot cake and pour the warm glaze over. Then follow the rest of the glaze directions here: http://food52.com/recipes...

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

So it's essentially a simple syrup with whatever flavorings you want? Very simple and infinitely adaptable!

ATG117

melted chocolate or a ganache frosting

mickle

Could you post a link to the recipe as it sounds delicious.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I'm not sure which recipe you mean, mickle, but there's a link in both Merrill's and June's replies.