🔕 🔔

how do i make a thin glaze instead of frosting, for a bundt cake?

using confectioers sugar

asked by Cynthia E. Johnson over 2 years ago

I've liked & used this one for years (from Bertolli olive oil company). mix 1.5 cups confectioners sugar, 3 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
or this one from epicurious, if you want vanilla but not lemon notes:
http://www.epicurious.com...
(more or less same ration of liquid to sugar)
enjoy!

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I just dump a bunch of confectioners' sugar in a bowl and add enough liquid until I have the consistency that I want. If it gets too thin, I add more sugar.

2525f653 b225 4c8f 9925 212187a6f013  2aea6da

I do the same, using melted butter as my liquid. delicious!

Just add a little milk to the sugar until you reach the consistency you want. You can flavor it how you like, such as a teaspoon of vanilla extract to 4 cups of confectioners sugar, or make a different flavor like peppermint extract or almond extract (I don't have my recipes in front of me, so start with very small amounts of extract so you don't ruin it - you can always add more flavoring). I think I've used espresso powder to make coffee flavored, too. Lemon or orange juice work great too. Anyway, for most recipes you just add milk or cream till it's the right consistency. Easy peasy :)