🔕 🔔

Will this cake be fatal?

I just finished baking a cake. Per instructions, I switched off the oven, cracked the oven door open a bit, and let it cool for about another hour. One problem: I accidentally left the gas on. Now that I have the windows open and fans running, I'd like to concentrate on more pressing issues, namely: can I actually eat this cake? Is it going to have a weird taste? Is it going to miraculously dissipate? Should I feed it to my enemies? Please advise!

asked by epicharis over 3 years ago

Is it burnt? if so, throw it away. If not, you may be able to make crumbs to use as a topping for ice cream or a fruit compote.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Did you burn it or was the gas on with no flame?? In either case, taste the cake - it won't harm you - and then decide whether to toss or keep it.

0ff7bc97 c853 44fa 88f3 1675dca820ed  7e583r small

Epilogue: the cake was absolutely delicious and as of 3:14 PM no one has died.

LOL!!! Thanks for the update, epicharis! (Are you Greek?)