Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Gluten Free-friendly and Allergy-Friendly restaurants in DC?

I'm visiting DC next week w/ my family. I have Celiac, and my son has peanut, tree nut and shellfish allergies. I'd love some lunch & dinner restaurant recommendations for good restaurants that are accommodating to we food-challenged folks. In addition to Smithsonian Museum areas, we'll be visiting the International Spy Museum downtown. Staying in Bethesda. Thanks.

asked by Randi over 2 years ago

This should help:
http://www.washingtonian...

Dino's, one of the restaurants on the list, has closed. They may have re-opened on 14th Street, but I am not sure. I avoid eating at the Smithsonian--the food is cooked for mass consumption and overly expensive. If desperate, you may want to try the cafeteria at the National Museum of American Indians. It specializes in native foods and is not bad, although I think its prices are far too high. Jaleo, Oyamel, and Zaytinya are all good, and not too far from the Spy Museum. Jaleo and Lebanese Taverna are also in Bethesda.

0151c2a2 87d4 44dc a429 ea60092c1747  img 1607

Thanks; that link is perfect. And thanks for your personal recommendations!

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Jose Andres' restaurants are all quite good - can't speak to how well they accomodate gluten free and allergy. Zaytinya is a personal favorite. There is also a small chain of restaurants here that are very family friendly, not cutting edge or anything but solid food with something for everyone. I went for the first time to one the other night and noticed they have a a gluten free menu and to mention if there are allergies. Here's a link to the homepage:http://www.chefgeoff.com.... There is one downtown, one in NW DC, one in Rockville, and one in Chevy Chase, the last three are near Bethesda.

Thank you. Chef Geoff looks like a good family pleasing option.