🔕 🔔

food that is past "best by" date

I have a honeybaked ham that my husband got through his employer around Christmas time. It arrived in the mail frozen solid and has been sitting in our freezer ever since. From what I can find online, most say they are good for 6 weeks to up to 3 months in the freezer- and I am past that point. What do you all think? Should I get a back-up ham for Easter?

Also- I have a bag of opened gluten-free flour in my pantry (Thomas Keller's cup4cup) that had a "best by" date of November 2013. What's the worst that could happen if I used it? I am thinking of attempting gluten-free hot cross buns.

asked by Megan over 3 years ago

I would smell and taste the flour before using it. Flours can go rancid.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

The frozen ham should be fine.