Borage ?

Just bought a pot of borage and planted it in my garden. It is deer resistant. (yay!) and the leaves and flowers supposedly taste like cucumbers .
Any ideas for using it?

asked by jamcook over 4 years ago

BBC's website has a few recipes for borage. There are also some ideas here: http://thebestgardening.com/borage-borago-officinalis/

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

They are beautiful in a salad with nasturtiums. The blue and orange flowers really look great together.

jamcook

Thanks everyone... Maybe I should get some more plants! Let's hope they really are " deer resistant" .Trena , I love Nasturtiums ,and used to to plant them every year , putting them in salads and on cakes,until they became beloved by both deer and raccoons.

mainecook61

Borage will also self-seed, if you let it.