🔕 🔔

Milano Cookies

Started making the recipe for milano cookies and I screwed up step 1! I accidentally mixed the flour and sugar instead of flour and salt and then creaming the butter and sugar. Do I need to start over and throw the flour sugar mixture out or can I keep going?

asked by Gourmel about 3 years ago
Wholefoods user icon

You should be OK with creaming the flour and sugar mixture you made with the butter. The sugar will help create fluffy air pockets and the butter will waterproof the flour. When you add your wet ingredients it may take a little extra care to moisten everything, but think of it like a two step cake - it will look ugly but come together just fine :) I love learning from my "mistakes" like this.

I don't know the science, but I'd start over rather than risking wasting even more time and ingredients.