What should I do with leftover salsa?

I made a big batch of salsa for a Cinco de Mayo party last night, and I still have a big tub of it in my fridge. What can I do with it, aside from topping chips and enchiladas and tacos and the like?

asked by Marian Bull over 4 years ago

Carolina

Bake eggs!

You can make some Mexican hash (Papas en Chile Rojo) for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Serve with some eggs and tortillas.

Panfusine

Blend it to make a chilled soup. or add it to chickpeas while cooking it up into Chana masala along with the other requied ingredients. stir it into Lentil dal while simmering it.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

You can cook it with toasted rice and some chicken stock, then add diced veggies and some chorizo to the cooked rice for a nice taco filling. Did this the other day, adding diced zucchini and corn, which I let steam in the rice for the last little bit, to yummy effect.

nutcakes

I have seen some recipes involving chicken, beer and a good amount of salsa. One in a crockpot to make shredded chix for tacos.

beetsandbluecheese.com

I would make Spicy Chicken & Black Bean Soup... http://beetsandbluecheese.com/?s=Salsa&submit=Search

Include it in your breakfast burritos.

Bevi

Serve with fish

ZombieCupcake

Add some tomato juice and make Bloody Marys with some kick.

cookinginvictoria

Marian, salsa also freezes really well too, if you aren't able to use it all up in a timely manner.

SBMCW

Gazpacho

lisina

i like mixing it into tuna salad. my friends and i did in in college and i still loooooove the combo! or use it as a base for chili.