🔕 🔔

burgers

Favorite burger "recipes," or, rather, your favorite mix/fat content of meat for making burgers?

asked by ATG117 over 3 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I usually go for 80/20 beef, or if I am doing turkey burgers I will add in some olive oil. As far as toppings, well the choices are myriad and depending on mood - for a crowd we will do a topping buffet and let everyone build their own, and keep the patties very simple.

I don't often eat meat, but when I'm craving a burger, I've fallen in love with grass-fed beef. I second Abbie's motion on 80-20, and keep it to medium-rare.

Thanks. I'm also not a meat eater and therefore still perfecting my burger technique. It seems like 80-20 is the consensus. Favorite mixes of meat?

Ask your butcher for a first cut brisket. Have him grind it fresh for you. You will thank me.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Here's a past article that's pretty straight-forward for burgers: http://food52.com/blog...

My secret burger includes sweet onions into the mix, enough to add some moisture but not enough to make it a heavy onion tasting burger. Toppings are a must for building a customizable, delicious burger as well, of course.

Thanks. Have the basics down and not my first rodeo, but I am looking to focus on the meat, no add-ins. Because I don't eat meat, it makes deciding on the right mixture of cuts tough.