🔕 🔔

I need food pairings for my cocktail club which is devoted to the Gin and Tonic. Any recommendations?

I am looking for snacky/appetizer/finger food that may pair well with Gin and Tonics...including things that could be made in advance? I was thinking spicy but I am at a loss for ideas.

asked by Lisa Parker over 3 years ago

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Not spicy, but it is made ahead - you could do gravlax made with juniper berries. Molly O'Neill's recipe even uses gin: http://www.nytimes.com...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Lamb skewers. Cube up the lamb, soak in marinade of Yogurt, mint, terragon, oragano, garlic and lemon juice. Put on skewers and grill and serve with tazaki sauce.

"Fire Cracker Shrimp" is also very good and give you a chance to play with dipping sauces--and maybe take the flavor of entire event towards Thailand. http://www.steamykitchen...

C76c5960 a244 4473 a531 8bb9f9ef654a  firecracker shrimp sweet chili sauce

I don't drink gin anymore but I used to really like the French 75. Oh well. I would suggest a cold spring roll, vietnamese style. What you put in it is up to you but it should include cilantro and mint. They are easy to make if you are patient.

That would great with cucumber as a nod to the English..and shrimp, rice noodles and the mint and cilantro. With a good spicy fish sauce based dipping sauce--with a touch of acid; lemon or lime or vinegar.

Gin & tonics have a whiff of British Empire about them - I believe British colonials in India actually invented them, since quinine was used to treat malaria. So maybe take a cue there - serve samosas (easy with store bought puff pastry and baked, not fried.)Or purchase some papadums to serve with chutneys - Major Grey's would be appropriate, plus mint, coriander... most Indian markets have a good selection, if you have access to one. (This is making me crave a G&T and I don't even like gin - or rather, the gin-headache it invariably gives me!)