🔕 🔔

Bacon - Cocktail Appetizer - Suggestions needed

I have 1 lb of Trader Joes Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon. I'm planning to make a cocktail appetizer for Christmas Eve. I've made candied bacon before but I was thinking to glaze one side or both with Bee's Knee's Spicy Honey (Honey+ Chili Peppers). I was also thinking to twist them and bringing them in a nice glass for presentation. I plan on baking them off in the oven. Any ideas or feedback to improve this idea? Tons of wine will be flowing... Thanks.

asked 10 months ago

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I usually sprinkle it with brown sugar (like it better than honey), and then cinnamon, smoked paprika and a pinch of chili pepper or chipotle. I serve them in a glass without twisting.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

So you think spicy honey would be overkill? My usual is brown sugar + dijon mustard or brown sugar + chili powder. Trying to use this honey up! Thank you!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

The thing I would be worried about is not so much the honey flavor, but the bacon might not be able to crisp up as nicely as with brown sugar. But again, I have not made candied bacon with honey, so this is just a hypothesis...

I always second guess myself with the silliest, easiest, quickest recipes. This is just a nibble. Now I'm thinking maple syrup, brown sugar, chili pepper. I was thinking the honey would shellack the bacon.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Yup. I've seen recipes that do just that.