🔕 🔔

how much brown rice I need?

I have a total of about 17 people, adults, and teens, coming for two meals, 8 people for the first and 11 for the second. 4 lb. long-grain brown rice in the pantry. I usually make a simple pilaf. Mains are 1) braised veal roast and 2) roast chickens; side is Moroccan carrots. Starters are chicken soup for one meal and salad for the other. Brownies, coconut cream and berries for dessert.

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

1 lb of rice makes about 8 cups. If you figure a cup per person then I would make 2 lbs of rice.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Whenever teens are at the dinner table you can count on large quantities of food disappearing. So, make extra rice. You can always freeze it, or put into some chicken broth the next day for soup. Add some lemon and egg to the soup and you have a nice greek dinner with leftovers.

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

Thank you both! Made a lot, following Monita's advice, but there are leftovers. There is also chicken broth so yes, there will be egg-lemon soup in our future.