lemon and rhubarb

I picked up a couple stalks of rhubarb at the farmers market and am trying to decide what to do with them. I know the popular pairing for rhubarb is strawberries, but I actually prefer lemons. Any ideas on a nice dessert that features both rhubarb and lemons and isn't too heavy? Or, alternatively, I also thought about trying to use the rhubarb in a sangria, maybe one that could also use limencello - any ideas on what wines and other fruits and liquers would work well in that?

asked by WannabeBaker over 4 years ago

plainhomecook

I love this one. https://food52.com/recipes...

rt21

Stewed rhubarb is delicious over custard,
Also I have made a rhubarb schnapps ..... But you have to wait a few months to sample that !
If I make rhubarb jam I like to add a little ginger

mickle

Rhubarb crisp with some lemon juice, orange zest. Add chopped candied ginger in the topping. Make a lighter topping; some are way too heavy and sugary and take away from the wonderful fruit taste.