🔕 🔔

Cook book to use with CSA produce

What cookbooks would you recommend to consult while cooking with CSA produce? I'd like a beautiful book with great ideas for seasonal veggies.

asked by JessicaHansen over 3 years ago

Anything by Deborah Madison, particularly Local Flavors

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

Deborah Madison is great. But, reaching back a little further, try to get a copy of Marian Morash's The Victory Garden Cookbook. It is arranged by vegetable. The recipes are well written and good. It isn't strictly a vegetarian cookbook (although some recipes are), but it has great range, from soups to main dishes and even desserts that utilize summer squash. Both Morash and her husband Russ were involved with the production of Julia Child's French Chef TV series.

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

In Denmark, we have winter vegetables 8 months of the year, so I really rely upon Roots by Diane Morgan (which I first learned about through the piglet a few years ago). It's both informative and inspiring, and includes wonderful recipes. Another good book is Alice Waters' Chez Panisse Vegetables.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I like The Kitchen Garden by Sylvia Thompson.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I just love the Too Many Tomatoes Cookbook. There are hundreds of recipes for all vegetables. http://www.barnesandnoble...

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

This isn't a beautiful book, but the CSA I belonged to in NY has a website with recipes. Here's a link:
http://www.goldenearthworm...

I found Debora Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone invaluable for it's encyclopedic nature when I had a CSA. More practical than beautiful.