Cook book to use with CSA produce

What cookbooks would you recommend to consult while cooking with CSA produce? I'd like a beautiful book with great ideas for seasonal veggies.

asked by JessicaHansen over 4 years ago

jilhil

Anything by Deborah Madison, particularly Local Flavors

mainecook61

Deborah Madison is great. But, reaching back a little further, try to get a copy of Marian Morash's The Victory Garden Cookbook. It is arranged by vegetable. The recipes are well written and good. It isn't strictly a vegetarian cookbook (although some recipes are), but it has great range, from soups to main dishes and even desserts that utilize summer squash. Both Morash and her husband Russ were involved with the production of Julia Child's French Chef TV series.

CarlaCooks

In Denmark, we have winter vegetables 8 months of the year, so I really rely upon Roots by Diane Morgan (which I first learned about through the piglet a few years ago). It's both informative and inspiring, and includes wonderful recipes. Another good book is Alice Waters' Chez Panisse Vegetables.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I like The Kitchen Garden by Sylvia Thompson.

Bevi

I just love the Too Many Tomatoes Cookbook. There are hundreds of recipes for all vegetables. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2690437192997?r=1&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_15To24-_-Q000000633-_-2690437192997

This isn't a beautiful book, but the CSA I belonged to in NY has a website with recipes. Here's a link:
http://www.goldenearthworm.com/kitchen-notes/

nutcakes

I found Debora Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone invaluable for it's encyclopedic nature when I had a CSA. More practical than beautiful.