Furture feature...Custom cookbooks?

What would you think of a custom cookbook feature? Using recipes you've chosen.

Users could choose to pay for custom books, which would be printed and bound in hard copy by food52.
The community could create their own books for their choices; like gluten free, veggie, holidays, or any theme they wish.

While I know the 52 IT staff has a lot on their plate now, it's a bluesky idea but I think it would fit the site as a 'crowdsourcing' community of homecooks.

asked about 7 years ago

Great idea! We've batted this around before and may have to revisit.

I'm sure if you mentioned that to you tech staff..having to launch the re-design..Ipad App..etc. They'd probably say "WTF, NOW?".

Just something to consider for future development, so the DB of recipes don't get mired down in formatting that would make this idea more difficult after things settle down for all the stuff on your plate for the site at this time.

I think its a great idea Sam!

If you could create a book of my saved recipes, with a really good index, it would be awfully compelling.

Sam1148 - I like your thinking! Great idea!