A question about a recipe: Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits

Dfe6cd02 7763 4892 b1f1 3d9972cd9fbb  food52 12 20 11 4851

I have a question about the recipe "Shirley Corriher's Touch-of-Grace Biscuits" from Genius Recipes. Is it possible to freeze the biscuits in the pan before baking? If so, will I need to bring them to room temperature before baking?

asked by Joanna Ramos about 4 years ago

I have not tried this recipe, but I used to have a personal chef business and would make biscuit dough and freeze them and put them in zip locks so the clients had fresh baked biscuits. I would have them bake them from frozen at 475 for 6 minutes. Then turn the oven off andlet them finish cooking for 6-8 minutes. Not sure how this method will work for the biscuit method you will be using.

I always have sheet pans of frozen biscuits in the freezer. The morning cooks pan up the number they need, let them thaw at room temp for about 45 minutes, then brush them with some melted butter and bake them at 450 for about 12 minutes (they're relatively hearty). Thawing at room temp seems to be the key.