Recipes for garlic scapes please.

Garlic

asked by Danee over 4 years ago

Erin Elizabeth

garlic scape pesto? I've made it before and it's AMAZING!!!

fearlessem

I make a potato and garlic scape soup, much the same way you'd make a potato leek soup. I do advise straining it at the end after pureeing, as garlic scapes can be fibrous. But the flavor is great!

My favorite is scape pesto. Just replace the basil with scapes. I love making "pasta" with zucchini and using the pesto as the sauce. You can add pinenuts to the pesto if desired, but I never do. It's great on chicken or fish too.

JillNoelle

Anything that you use garlic or scallions in. They are very versatile and excellent in eggs, savory scones or your favorite pasta sauce.

Chop them up and blend in to cream cheese as a spread for bagels. I tried Melissa Clarks Double Garlic Soup (calls for scapes & green garlic) and it was very good.

smslaw

Bloody Mary stirrers

Taylor Schwartz

I made Kenzi's garlic scape pesto (https://food52.com/recipes...) this past weekend and it was brilliant.

Sheridan

Here in China, fresh garlic scapes are used all the time in dishes. I posted a super simple recipe to my China cooking blog a little while back. It is really simple, but one of my favorite ways to eat garlic scapes!
http://haveyoueatenyet.co/2014/04/01/garlic-stems-dried-meat-and-egg-pancake/