🔕 🔔

Garlic scapes

I have a nice bunch of garlic scapes, and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions as far as how they could be cooked/used. We're putting some on pizza tonight but should have some left over.

asked by Rachel Sanders over 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I slice them thinly and add them (raw) to salad dressing, or to frittata ( http://www.food52.com/recipes... ) -- also, I recently made a garlic scape butter, by combining a stick of butter with a bunch of chopped scapes in a food processor. You could add lemon zest, salt and coarsely ground pepper. I used this butter on toast, on roasted fish, and on fresh peas.

B301a527 4070 4bc0 a6b7 7c4cb6effa58  2016 05 17 01 25 46

adding them to pesto is another fun way to use them - along with all of the above!

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

And here are more from this site: http://www.food52.com/recipe...

Wholefoods user icon

Add to mashed potatoes, salsa, guacamole, stir fry (or any Asian inspired dish) and pasta. Add to cream cheese or sour cream with dill for a spread for vegetables.

3274dd01 68df 403c a7b7 dc04541caaf8  dsc 0102 2

Wow, these are all great ideas! I think I'm going to have to buy some more scapes. :)