Garlic scapes

I have a nice bunch of garlic scapes, and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions as far as how they could be cooked/used. We're putting some on pizza tonight but should have some left over.

asked by Rachel Sanders over 6 years ago

I slice them thinly and add them (raw) to salad dressing, or to frittata ( http://www.food52.com/recipes... ) -- also, I recently made a garlic scape butter, by combining a stick of butter with a bunch of chopped scapes in a food processor. You could add lemon zest, salt and coarsely ground pepper. I used this butter on toast, on roasted fish, and on fresh peas.

mrscorkhoarder

adding them to pesto is another fun way to use them - along with all of the above!

Bevi

And here are more from this site: http://www.food52.com/recipe...

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Add to mashed potatoes, salsa, guacamole, stir fry (or any Asian inspired dish) and pasta. Add to cream cheese or sour cream with dill for a spread for vegetables.

Rachel Sanders

Wow, these are all great ideas! I think I'm going to have to buy some more scapes. :)