What sides would go with a garlicky baked shrimp dish?

asked by sawbones over 7 years ago

nutcakes

A salad with orange and walnuts. Roasted asparagus if you can get it.

healthierkitchen

Sauteed kale or chard. Rice pilaf or couscous.

Lots of good French bread for dipping. Artichoke hearts sauteed in olive oil with lemon. Okra--cornmeal battered and fried. Or sauteed with tomatoes and onions.

latoscana

A simple pasta tossed with butter, chopped parsley, and grated Parmesan would complement the shrimp.

Queen of Spoons

Grits or polenta and some spinach sauteed with a little onion & balsamic.

campagnes

I vote either the pilaf/pasta idea, or the salad idea. I would go either mild or fresh/crisp with your side, since the main dish sound rich and pungent (in a good way).

Is the dish creamy? It sounds delicious!

mklug

If it has the fire of the garlic (I'm just guessing because I make something I would characterize the same way), I would go with some cornbread, and maybe a simple salad with a little fruit (I'm thinking green salad with mandarian oranges/pom seeds/diced apples) and a few pine nuts and a bright dressing. Good luck!

bella s.f.

I'd serve it over soft, creamy polenta.