How do I make crispy shrimp that is baked?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

This is my go to recipe from http://www.imadedinner.net/2010/05/24/crispy-crunchy/
Preheat the oven to 375*

Step 1: remove the shell, tail, and vein from your shrimp (or cheat like me and buy them frozen!)

Step 2: Lightly coat the shrimp in flour. A large ziplock bag comes in handy here.

Step 3: Dip the floured shrimp into a mixture of 2 beaten eggs and 1/4 c. water.

Step 4: Coat the shrimp in panko bread crumbs and place (this is the important part) on a rack atop a baking sheet. This allows for air to circulate around all sides of the shrimp to make all-around crunch.

Step 5: Sprinkle the shrimp with cayenne pepper and either smoked paprika or Bacon Salt.

Step 6: Bake until crispy and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Broil a few minutes to brown them.

Step 7: DEVOUR!