🔕 🔔

cookbook recommendations...

I am about to start a staycation and need some cook book recommendations! I generally get them from my library. My go-to cookbooks are: Alice Waters The Art of Simple Food, Melissa Clark's Cook This Now, Makiko Itoh's Just Bento. I have Vietnamese Home Cooking right now (great techniques) and just ordered Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes (couldn't wait for the library one).
I just placed a hold for Chez Panisse Vegetables.

Any recommendations for me?

asked by puttakka almost 4 years ago

I love all of the America's Test Kitchen books. Also, Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything is a favorite of mine.

I highly recommend The River Cottage Veg Cookbook. It has delicious recipes even for a carnivore like me.

janeb

Italian Easy London River Cafe , Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers is a fantastic cookbook. So many great recipes.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I second the Ottolenghi suggestion.

Smedette

"Burma" by Naomi Duguid is lovely.

jane.pilcher1

I purchased Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. Took a cooking class at a local university & our instructor made us bread using that book. Six of us ordered the book. I love it!

Ileana Morales Valentine

Nigel Slater! His books are lovely and perfect for some staycation reading. Although, I had trouble finding his cookbooks at my branch. Just checked out Summerland from the library... it's a good one for the season, especially if you like Southern food.

Mickey Fromkin

If you can find it, Georges Spunt's "Memoirs and Menus" is a fascinating read.

Lots of great cookbooks mentioned in the comments of this Food52 article:
https://food52.com/blog...

bamcnamara

America's Test Kitchen books are my favorite! Have fun!

jamcook

Try some books that are a bit older you can probably even order them cheaply on a used book site. All the "Silver Palate " books are great. You might want to try "Beard on Bread" too.

T
T

Hello :)
I think the absolute best cookbook would be the book to This link: http://www.blurb.com/b...
It is filled with mouth watering treats that everyone will love! Hope you buy the book !

T
T

Hello :)

Samin Nosrat's "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" would be perfect for a staycation. There are over 200 pages of well-written, helpful text before you even get to the recipes. I borrowed the book from the library, read those pages before the recipes straight through, and then read them a second time, also without skipping a page, while taking notes and daydreaming/extrapolating/jotting down ideas of my own, etc. I highly recommend this book! It's a must-read for intelligent, thoughtful cooks who find the "why" as helpful as, if not more helpful than, the "how." ;o)