I have searched for a column on various spice rubs and must-have condiments. A go-to for weeknight cooking. Very all-purpose and international.

I would love to make spice jars of mixes that were ready to go! If I mixed them myself, I would learn more about the ingredients, and If they were pre-prepped, I would use them daily. A break down of ethnicity and opportunity for use would be brilliant! Thanks for your wonderful website! I made my first purchase the other day for condiments, spreads etc. Loving it!

asked by Debora Oden over 4 years ago

I love Mike Mills Magic Dust. I have it in a shaker next to my stove. I can't seem to paste the url, but if you Google "Magic Dust recipe", it pulls right up.

Debora Oden

I'll try it! Thanks!

In case this helps: Ten Essential Spices
https://food52.com/blog...

Meaghan F

If your main interest is learning how to make spice rubs and learning the different properties of herbs & spices, consider Googling Lior Lev Sercarz. He owns a highly regarded spice shop in NY and wrote a book recently, so there are tons of good interviews and articles with his tips and tricks. I've heard good things about his book too but I haven't bought it yet. Please consider posting any good mixes you come up with though!

Jennifer

Debora, here's a spice blend that we use a couple times a month on chicken, fish and shrimp. It's really delicious. Let me know if you try it.
http://kitchenserf.com/garlic-lime-chicken/