🔕 🔔

Where can I get organic fresh roses? I want to make rose water!

Live in Chicago

asked by jummana over 3 years ago

It is not just a matter of finding organic roses, you need to find Damascene roses (Rosa damascena). This is an early rose variety and has a strong scent, thus the carryover in taste. I would begin by asking friends who grow roses if they have the R. damascena. If that fails, then I would contact a botanical garden and see what they recommend.

I think you would be wasting your time if you used a modern, hybridized rose. They don't have the scent which is so important.

Call a knowledgeable florist and ask if they can order organic roses for you. You can also try searching online.