Help planning Mediterranean menu?

We need to plan a menu for tomorrow for about 10 people (some kids included). My co-cook figures the main is fish or lamb. I am in charge of planning the rest of the meal. What to make? Shouldn't be anything super complicated. Summery yes!

asked by roryrabbitfield over 4 years ago

Lamb & vegetable Kebabs, orzo salad with diced vegetables, Watermelon slices.

Sharon

Taboli

If its Greek add some roasted or grilled lemon potato wedges, Greek salad and Ouzo!

I make Greek dishes often and this blogger may inspire you! www.mygreekdish..com

"Mediterranean" means many things to many people. The Mediterranean region stretches from the Cote d'Azur in France to Italy, to Turkey and Greece. Are you looking for Middle Eastern influences, or Provencal/Italian?

roryrabbitfield

Hmmm. Not sure. I think Greek specifically.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

If doing lamb and you want it a bit more economical than chops, try my Kebapcheta
https://food52.com/recipes...

For fish, whole sea bass or porgies grilled after a light marinade of lemon, oregano, garlic and olive oil is an excellent choice.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Sorry...I didn't realize you were doing sides. A simple Village Salad of cucumber, tomato, red onion, bell pepper and feta drizzled with olive oil is a great make ahead and supper easy!

Since you're targeting Greece, you have TONS of choices! I would probably choose a Horitakia Salad (tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet red onions, feta and olives with a lemony vinaigrette) and Melitzanosalata -- one of my favorite summer foods -- (a roasted eggplant salad). Message me for the recipe.

SexyLampchop - yes to Ouzo! You reminded me of drinks - I forgot the drinks. Add Arak, a token bottle of Retsina (at least to try, and some may like it), Riesling if you're serving fish, Montepulciano d'Abruzzo if lamb, sweet twice-boiled coffee (call it Greek or Turkish or nothing, depending on who's coming).

roryrabbitfield

Wow, you guys are awesome. OK, I'm muling it all over. I've got lots of options! Thanks.

Chrissy

Greek salad with grilled vegetables including grilled cucumbers, onions and peppers; hummus or baba ganoush as appetizers with a spread of feta and olives; kebabs, baklava (really easy! I promise!) for dessert.

Chrissy

I have tons of Med dishes on my site ;)

Declan

Wow! Need another guest?
Potato salad with mint
Greek salad
Red and green pepper coleslaw (peppers very finely sliced, onions, again, very finely sliced, in a vinegarette of your choice (but a white one, with wine preferably).

And, what's wrong with a lemon flavored roast potato done in foil on the BBQ?