🔕 🔔

Slow roasted lamb shoulder

I am about to roast two 7 1/2 lb lamb roasts. The recipe from NYTimes calls for two 5-6 lb roasts to roast at 350 for 3-4 hours. Will an additional hour of cooking be adequate?

asked by akrainey almost 4 years ago

akrainey

I forgot to mention that the roasts are bone-in

irina

Does the times recipe call for bone in at 350 for 4 hours?

akrainey

The recipe, by David Tanis in the NYTimes, is supposed to replicate a spit roasted lamb. It calls for bone-in shoulder roasts.

jeinde

Wow, as I like my lamb pink this would be way overdoing it. And with bone in it will cook more quickly than boneless. I would guestimate 2.5 to 3 hours at most. Use a meat thermometer. Roasts can sit for some time after finishing cooking and will rise in temperature slightly after taking them out of over.