if my bolognese has 2 much salt. How can I reduce/save it?

asked by @geofreejames almost 8 years ago

nutcakes

There really isn't anyway to get salt out. You can make another portion with no salt then combine.

anyone

It depends on how salty, but you can always add a little sugar to counter but don't sweeten the pot. Just add a little sugar at a time and taste each time. This saves soups and sauces as well that my not so experienced cooks over salt but like I said it depend on how oversalted.

testkitchenette

Throw some cut up potatoes into the Bolognese...I have always done this when my sauces/soups are too salty...it's an old wives tale but I swear it works. Take potato out when done.