Grapefruit juice fermented in my fridge. Still okay to drink?

I bought some juice from trader joes a little over a week ago and now the juice has some fizziness to it. I'm assuming this is from natural fermentation. It taste and looks fine. Should I drink it?

asked by emartinez3 about 4 years ago

Fermentation requires yeast. A week doesn't seem long enough to start the sugar to alcohol process. That actually can make you sick. I would take it back. What is the expiration date?

Anri Magerman

My grapefruit juice expires in exactly four days. It does, however, have a sour smell and fizziness to it. At the bottom of the bottle, it has a bit of milkiness to it. It tastes normal when I drink it, except of course the fizz that comes along with it. Should I just toss it away?

ATG117

No.

I wouldn't drink it.

bigpan

Why bother trying to save a dollar versus half a day/night in the bathroom !