A question about a recipe: Summer Weekend Pasta

44260ada c00a 468d 8346 bfda541cbc6e  food52 07 10 12 2 83

I have a question about the recipe "Summer Weekend Pasta" from Amanda Hesser. Do you cook or blanche the corn i this recipe?

asked by carol schechter about 4 years ago

I made this just last night using zoodles and pancetta instead of pasta and bacon. I scraped the corn into a bowl (with a smaller bowl inverted inside the larger bowl to use as a stand) so as not to lose the juices and poured it right into
the hot "pasta" raw. The heat of the pasta just barely cooks the corn. It's a fabulous recipe.

Yes, just as Susan W said, no need to cook the corn in advance -- the heat of the pasta warms it through just enough.