🔕 🔔

Why Double Dip bread coating for chicken?

Why do recipes call for double dipping for coating baked chicken. Dip in Egg mixture then coating, back to egg mixture and finally back to coating.

asked by John Mulhern 9 months ago

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

When I want a really lovely, hefty crust on my chicken I will dredge the entire batch, allow that coat to stick, then repeat the process, with another resting period after. This just ensures that you have a good solid foundation, that your breading doesn't flake off, and that it's substantial.

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

It's worth the extra effort