🔕 🔔

Mexican Vegtables

Can Anyone recommend a book that has a good guide to the many vegetables used in mexican cooking?

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I went to our local mexican supermarket today and realized that I'm limiting myself to just a few of the many vegetables offered there. I know a few of the basic ones, but would like to learn some of the more unique ones offered there.

If you're looking for something on starchy vegetables and tropical roots, as well as squashes, corn and beans, I'd recommend the recently published Gran Cocina Latina. It's not "Mexican", but it covers Latin America vegetables.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

in 1995 my Nani gave me Patricia Quintana's Mexico's Feasts Of Life - it has a bounty of information on the feasts, the ingredients and the techniques. Now that I have pulled it back out, I think it's high time I did some more cooking from it. You can order from Amazon (of COURSE)

http://www.amazon.com/Mexicos...