Mexican Vegtables

Can Anyone recommend a book that has a good guide to the many vegetables used in mexican cooking?

• Posted by: Sam1148
  • July 12, 2014

Sam1148 July 12, 2014

I went to our local mexican supermarket today and realized that I'm limiting myself to just a few of the many vegetables offered there. I know a few of the basic ones, but would like to learn some of the more unique ones offered there.

Stephanie G
Stephanie G July 13, 2014

If you're looking for something on starchy vegetables and tropical roots, as well as squashes, corn and beans, I'd recommend the recently published Gran Cocina Latina. It's not "Mexican", but it covers Latin America vegetables.

aargersi July 14, 2014

in 1995 my Nani gave me Patricia Quintana's Mexico's Feasts Of Life - it has a bounty of information on the feasts, the ingredients and the techniques. Now that I have pulled it back out, I think it's high time I did some more cooking from it. You can order from Amazon (of COURSE)

http://www.amazon.com/Mexicos-Feasts-Life-Patricia-Quintana/dp/1571780009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405350790&sr=8-1&keywords=Mexico%27s+Feasts+Of+Life