🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Ruby Red Currant and Rhubarb Tart

69c8201f b08f 4ff9 b1ca 84ee6e187b7b  pie 2

I have a question about the recipe "Ruby Red Currant and Rhubarb Tart" from beijinggirl. There seems to be an ingredient missing, it says to combine last 4 ingredients and then fill the crust, but there are only 3 ingredients listed after pre-baked tart crust. I made this and it was rather dry and very tart, I sprinkled on some sugar and it was better, but I think sugar may be the missing ingredient? The recipe says it's very juicy, and I didn't find it juicy at all.

asked by Donna Dumaine about 3 years ago

I'm an experienced baker, but I found that recipe incomplete and in need of considerably more detail. This tart would be a lot more than just tart! There is no sugar called for in the recipe, and no binder for the fruit. I would look for a better recipe.