🔕 🔔

How to whip cream in hot weather?

The cream won't thicken

asked by mano over 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

There are some tricks in this article that might help: https://food52.com/blog...

To keep the cream cold you can fill a baggie with ice and set the mixing bowl on it (if using hand mixer or whisk) or hold the baggie on the side of the bowl (stand mixer).

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I chill the bowl and beaters in the freezer and I shake the carton just before beating! I don't know exactly why I shake the carton, except that my mother does it too and I learned everything from her .....

The chilled bowl and beaters should work, I
also like to whip the cream in advance, and put it in a sieve that fits over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use

Get ice 1 quart cube crush them , put some salt , set in a bowl with 1 quart water , use second mixing bowl and whip the cream , this work in 100 degrees heat . if you leave it in the bowl it will freeze .