How to whip cream in hot weather?

The cream won't thicken

asked by mano over 4 years ago

former Community Editor

There are some tricks in this article that might help: https://food52.com/blog...

BakerRB

To keep the cream cold you can fill a baggie with ice and set the mixing bowl on it (if using hand mixer or whisk) or hold the baggie on the side of the bowl (stand mixer).

I chill the bowl and beaters in the freezer and I shake the carton just before beating! I don't know exactly why I shake the carton, except that my mother does it too and I learned everything from her .....

mt gal

The chilled bowl and beaters should work, I
also like to whip the cream in advance, and put it in a sieve that fits over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to use

realchef

Get ice 1 quart cube crush them , put some salt , set in a bowl with 1 quart water , use second mixing bowl and whip the cream , this work in 100 degrees heat . if you leave it in the bowl it will freeze .