🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet and Savory Overnight Roast Pork

D0da8160 b637 4a69 b90d 4bc7d91b836a  pork roast food52 mark weinberg 14 05 06 0148

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet and Savory Overnight Roast Pork" from Merrill Stubbs. How would I adjust this recipe for a convection oven?

asked by Souhaite about 3 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Convection ovens often run about 25F hotter than a standard oven. Always a good idea to use an oven thermometer.

379f48c7 7e0b 421c b370 3f70bdeb6121  2011 08 18 11.09.24

Yes, convection ovens run hotter. So if the oven temp should be 475 degrees, lower it on a convection oven to 450 or 425, and then check an oven thermometer just to be sure. Also, the fan running will dry out the surface of the meat faster than a regular oven. But in this recipe it is only at 475 for 15 mins and then lowered to 200 (175) for you. I think sometime during the 6 to 8 hours overnight in the oven it should be covered with tin foil or the pork may dry out too much, even though this is a pretty fatty cut. The vegetables in the pan may dry out. If I were doing this recipe in a convection oven I would put foil on around the 2 hour mark. Hope that helps.