Popover dough

Made these tonight: http://smittenkitchen.com...

The corn-chive combo was delicious, but I was wanting the finished product to taste a little bit saltier and the tiniest bit sweeter. Would I be messing anything up science-wise if I add a little more salt and/or sugar to the batter next time?

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Julie

I don't think adding a little extra salt/sugar will have any negative effects. Before you add sugar though, have you tried using corn fresh from the cob? It's usually sweeter than frozen/canned, so if you have access to fresh corn it might be worth a try!

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Oh yes, Julie, I was inspired to make these by the fresh corn that arrived in our CSA box this week. Still lacked a tiny bit of sweetness (though you make me wonder if perhaps adding a little more corn instead of sugar would add what I'm looking for).