A question about a recipe: Sweet and Crunchy Quinoa Salad

5e92bdc3 f001 4673 9173 3fc978d01f2e  quinoa salad10

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet and Crunchy Quinoa Salad" from My Well Fed Heart. Might this recipe work with fresh cherries? They finally went on sale & I have a lot to use up!

asked by Lisako about 4 years ago

Probably would work but wouldn't use up many of your cherries if you make only one batch. Maybe home-dry some of your cherries in the oven, for fall and winter use.

I'm so glad you asked this question bc I hadn't seen this recipe before.
Yes, I think it would be delicious with fresh cherries. I'm going to try it as well. And if you're looking for ideas on how to use those cherries, be sure to preserve some of them in a glass jar covered with good brandy. The cherries will keep well, taste great, and the brandy will also take on a delicious new flavor.

Horto

pickle

Elisabeth

I think that it would work wonderfully; the fresh cherries would add a juicy texture and summery flavor to the salad. A great way to use up cherries is to put them in smoothies - I like to pit them and freeze them first, though. Then I simply blend them up with a ripe banana, some vanilla extract, and a little bit of coconut milk.