A question about a recipe: Salmon Mousse

Ed1e4907 0659 4edb bcff b8fc88a169f7  salmon mousse0001

I have a question about the recipe "Salmon Mousse" from Lizthechef. Can you freeze leftovers with gelatin?

asked by sandy sam almost 4 years ago

Lizthechef

I wouldn't.

sandy sam

Since I made it with shrimp & did freeze it, can I fix the texture as the flavor is still fine?

This is an almost exact replica of a Silver Palate salmon mousse recipe from the early 80's. I think I remember freezing it successfully. Racking my brain. I usually write such things in the margin, but in this case I didn't. As far as fixing it, you could try adding gelatin and water or just use it as a dip? Let us all know how it goes.

Just found my notes at the back of theccookbook. It says "freezes well". Did you already freeze and defrost it and it didn't work?

sandy sam

Yes, with gelatin, flavor is fine but texture a bit grainy, I will try reheating & adding butter, more cream cheese & use as dip thx for your help :)