What are your favorite recipes with red miso paste?

Any suggestions would be appreciated - I've had a tub of it in my fridge for far too long.

Susan W August 21, 2014

I lurrrve miso. I currently am obsessed with Awase miso which is red and white miso. I stir in a spoonful when I make stirfry dishes (at the end). I like miso soup in the winter. Also, grilled eggplant with a miso and rice wine glaze painted on is really yummy. If you use the search function and type in miso and search in recipes, you will pull up 176 miso recipes. I have made the miso glazed cod and the misoyake (I think that's what it's called) roast chicken.

QueenSashy August 21, 2014

Nobu's black cod miso. http://www.epicurious.com.... And I really like it with red miso paste instead of white

Kristen W.
Kristen W. August 23, 2014

You can make a big batch of miso butter (miso, butter, and a little brown sugar if you like it sweet/salty. You can freeze it in a log wrapped in cellophane and use it as needed in rice bowls, with stir fried/sautéed/roasted vegetables of all kinds (love carrots glazed with this), or as an addition to sauces, etc.