Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: My New Roots' Life-Changing Loaf of Bread

B5a2e7ab 96d3 467b 90e2 51b50a10db94  hero

I have a question about the recipe "My New Roots' Life-Changing Loaf of Bread" from Genius Recipes. What are the measurements of the loaf pan used to make the bread photographed for this post? I made this in my standard loaf pan and the slices are barely 1 1/2" tall. Thank you. ;o)

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

We used a 9 x 5" loaf pan and you can probably get a sense of how tall it came out from the photos, since you know how tall a hazelnut is! It is a fairly squat loaf.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Would you please delete all of the contentless "questions" that were posted despite the server error message asking me to try again? I sent a message to [email protected] with that request, providing more details about the problem from the user's perspective. I'm mortified to be associated with the annoying string of "questions" that have appeared on the Hotline. Thank you so much. ;o)

Kristen, I just confirmed that the classic Pullman loaf pan is 4" wide. I thing that would work really well, so I plan to get one for this purpose. In the meantime, I'm going to try hacking a not-as-long but taller loaf in a standard pan using this method: https://food52.com/blog...
Cheers! ;o)

Kristen, I made this again over the weekend using the hack mentioned in my last post to this thread. Actually, I let the combined ingredients sit in the loaf pan for about half and hour to hydrate; then I removed them, dried the pan and lined it with parchment, and repacked it about using only half of the loaf pan, piling it to the top of the pan and pressing firmly. (This was a standard 9" x 5".) It was stable enough to stand on its own, without the supporting foil that the hacked tart would require. I let it dry for about four hours, and then baked at 350 in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes; I removed it and baked open on the rack for another 45 minutes. Perfect. The loaf is nearly twice as tall as the first one I made. I'll add this information to the comments thread as well. ;o)

Ec6f86d3 4d92 453b 890a 23bf17e52d65  seed nut bread