🔕 🔔

Nielsen Massy

I kept my newly purchased vanilla extract in chiller box. Just realised extract should not be refrigerated. Will the extract change if I keep it in a cool dry place now due to temperature condensation?

Cheers

asked by Ivie T about 3 years ago

It doesn't hurt it to refrigerate it. It can make it cloudy. It also won't hurt it to take it out of the refrigerator. I keep mine in the hall pantry where it is cool and dark.

31cf169d f83a 458c 9946 a9a0311207c3  cumberland pass atv trip july 20 2013 019

Don't really know the answer but I would just move it into the pantry after letting it come to room temperature. Others will likely chime in!

I don't think it will hurt it, but I'd start keeping it in a cool pantry or cupboard shelf. Matt Nielsen is on Facebook. You can ask him yourself, if you'd like.

0937003d 14d3 49b6 88b1 d7a4344469f6  img 3373

Thanks all! Was very helpful. I've just started baking and loving it!