Time estimate and cooking temp for 11 lb bone in pork shoulder

I have two 11 lb bone in pork shoulders roasting. I started the process yesterday by browning them at 450 for 40 minutes and then turned the heat down to 225 for two hours. I had to leave unexpectedly so I had to take them out. I cooled and refrigerated. I put them back in this morning at 8:00 at 225 and need them by 5:00 tonight. Will they be "shredable" by then if I leave the oven at 225 or do I need to adjust the temp? I have them in a basting liquid (wine and stock with crushed tomatoes) covered with foil.

asked by dazeyduke almost 4 years ago

bigpan

You want an internal temperature of 160F, so get a good instant read thermometer and use it. Depending on the heat of your oven cooking "times" may vary.
Personally I like "slow and low" with pork so it will come out tender.
(consider covering with foil to keep the heat and moisture in.)