🔕 🔔

how to cook 9lb pork shoulder in oven, want to do mississippi roast recipe for flavor. Could brown/roast in dutch oven, in the oven?

I have a 9lb pork shoulder to cook that i want to do the mississippi recipe with (butter, ranch,gravy, pepperocinni) wondering what temp, and how long to cook, should i brown it in my dutch oven first and put in oven to roast, can I do it overnight low and slow? I also do not own a meat thermometer, so would have to guesstimate as best as I can for doneness.

asked by Alyssia Hill over 1 year ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

This thread has time and cooking suggestions for a similar sized pork shoulder: https://food52.com/hotline...

F8bcab55 ddd5 4fea b957 f93cfd2a9ccd  dsc02631
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

I've browned it first in the Dutch oven, then moved it to the crockpot...I'm sure you can do the same thing and move it to the oven. Cook it on 250 to 300, when it falls apart it will be done, no need for a thermometer after that long. I'd cover it with foil though, because the meat needs to stay moist.

F99da51d dd38 4b95 8d3e fa6c0594c76a  fb avatar

thank you! this is the method i ended up going with and it turned out great!