I tried to make a buffalo sauce, the oil is separating what can I do to fix it??

I made it with butter hot sauce ranch packet and flour, it is separating is there anything I can do to fix

asked by Amanda over 4 years ago

Meaghan F

I've never heard of a buffalo sauce recipe that calls for anything more than hot sauce, butter, and seasonings... Do you have a link you can post? It might help diagnose the problem.

Amanda

I made it up myself, I added ranch seasoning packet, but I just poured oil out and turned out good and added shredded chicken, for a buffalo chicken pizza

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Maybe tackle it with an immersion blender next time?

Brady Klopfer

In the future, I'd try adding the butter at the end, and slowly. Heat up the hot sauce and other elements, then remove from heat and slowly whisk in a few knobs of butter. that should help keep it from separating.