🔕 🔔

I tried to make a buffalo sauce, the oil is separating what can I do to fix it??

I made it with butter hot sauce ranch packet and flour, it is separating is there anything I can do to fix

asked by Amanda almost 3 years ago

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

I've never heard of a buffalo sauce recipe that calls for anything more than hot sauce, butter, and seasonings... Do you have a link you can post? It might help diagnose the problem.

I made it up myself, I added ranch seasoning packet, but I just poured oil out and turned out good and added shredded chicken, for a buffalo chicken pizza

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Maybe tackle it with an immersion blender next time?

In the future, I'd try adding the butter at the end, and slowly. Heat up the hot sauce and other elements, then remove from heat and slowly whisk in a few knobs of butter. that should help keep it from separating.