🔕 🔔

Salad or side dish help!!!

I'm sick and I need to bring a salad type thing to my sister's potluck. I literally wish I could wave a wand and be done with it but she has worked hard to bring us all together and I don't want to be disrespectful!! Was going to make something complicated but that's out. Any ideas?

asked by missb503 over 3 years ago

Have you told your sister that you are ill? I personally wouldn't want to risk spreading illness to the other guests. Maybe pick up a large salad at a restaurant? I am obsessed with chopped salads with homemade herby ranch dressing (from this site), but maybe you aren't up to all the chopping.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Make a platter of Caprese Salad. Tomatoes are in season, pick up some fresh mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with Balsamic and EVOO and some sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.

Greek salads are delicious, easy, and refreshing, which is always nice for potlucks. Any kind of lettuce, with cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta is can't-miss. I do mine with a simple red wine vinaigrette: s&p, dijon, honey/pomegranate molasses, oil and vinegar. Voila!

hope you feel better!

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

Chunky Bleu cheese dressing with iceberg wedges. A matter of minutes.

Caprese is a great idea. You can also do a pasta salad and buy a store bought pesto, or you can use the pesto to dress another salad like a potato salad or even a salad with greens.

If you are contagious, have some consideration for the other guests and have someone put together something from a good grocery store salad bar. I can't think of anything less appetizing than a salad prepared by someone who has a cold or sore throat.