Salad or side dish help!!!

I'm sick and I need to bring a salad type thing to my sister's potluck. I literally wish I could wave a wand and be done with it but she has worked hard to bring us all together and I don't want to be disrespectful!! Was going to make something complicated but that's out. Any ideas?

Susan W August 31, 2014

Have you told your sister that you are ill? I personally wouldn't want to risk spreading illness to the other guests. Maybe pick up a large salad at a restaurant? I am obsessed with chopped salads with homemade herby ranch dressing (from this site), but maybe you aren't up to all the chopping.

sexyLAMBCHOPx August 31, 2014

Make a platter of Caprese Salad. Tomatoes are in season, pick up some fresh mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with Balsamic and EVOO and some sea salt & fresh cracked pepper.

Brady Klopfer
Brady Klopfer August 31, 2014

Greek salads are delicious, easy, and refreshing, which is always nice for potlucks. Any kind of lettuce, with cucumbers, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta is can't-miss. I do mine with a simple red wine vinaigrette: s&p, dijon, honey/pomegranate molasses, oil and vinegar. Voila!

hope you feel better!

nancy essig
nancy essig September 1, 2014

Chunky Bleu cheese dressing with iceberg wedges. A matter of minutes.

ATG117
ATG117 September 1, 2014

Caprese is a great idea. You can also do a pasta salad and buy a store bought pesto, or you can use the pesto to dress another salad like a potato salad or even a salad with greens.

Maedl September 1, 2014

If you are contagious, have some consideration for the other guests and have someone put together something from a good grocery store salad bar. I can't think of anything less appetizing than a salad prepared by someone who has a cold or sore throat.