🔕 🔔

Bread recipe with potato flour - but I used potato starch

I've started making this roasted potato breadfrom the latest Bon Appetit today (http://www.bonappetit.com...
The dough is now in the fridge for its overnight chill. Unfortunately I've just realized that I used potato starch instead of potato flour. The dough didn't seem to bad, just a bit stickier than the recipe described. Any thoughts on how I can rescue it before the second rise & bake tomorrow? As it's only 80g potato flour out of 500g wheat flour, I'm hoping it might come out anyway.

asked by usingSpoons almost 3 years ago

They are different, but you may luck out. Starch is much lighter with no flavor. Flour is heavy and very potato-y. I don't know that you can add anything to save it, but I would just carry on.

It's surprisingly difficult to find real potato flour these days. Good luck!

Not sure where you are, but Bob's Red Mill carries the real thing.