Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »

A question about a recipe: Strawberries in bruleed marshmallow creme

0f94345b 251c 436d a128 60bff3d50738  strawberry4

I have a question about the recipe "Strawberries in bruleed marshmallow creme" from Furey and the Feast. Think this would work with heat from a campfire rather than blow torch?

asked by Lauren over 2 years ago

The difficulty is that you can't direct the heat to the cream with a campfire. Unless..you took a stick with the end lit. I wonder if that would work. My question to you is how will you use a stand mixer while camping?

4914d8cb 22f7 414b 8505 8bc674457bbb  profile

Agree with this! I also wonder if the moisture in the strawberry would seep out and cause the marshmallow creme to just fall off. But if I were camping, I'd certainly do a one-off to try--if you do, let us know how it goes!
Thanks for reading!

It worked! I whipped up the marshmallow, speared a strawberry on a stick, swirled in the creme, and toasted over the fire! The only real problem was that the strawberry was juicy and just spun on the stick. I needed a fork to ensure I could get all sides. It was messy but that's half the fun. I dried the strawberries pretty well before dredging them through the creme. Thank you!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.