Help pls! Just put Xmas cake in oven. Recipe says 1.5-2hrs @ 150 degrees Celsius. I need to leave house in under 1.5 hrs so have turned heat up to 170 degrees... Will that work? What's the average equation to reduce time and turn up heat when baking? Thanks and happy new year x

asked by loren_eley almost 8 years ago

Can you tell us more about the contents of the cake -- is it a sponge cake or something more dense? Does it contain fruit?

loren_eley

Thanks for quick response! Its a dense fruity Christmas cake.

I should be ok because you didn't turn up the temp that much -- the only thing you want to watch out for is the cake cooking too quickly on the outside and/or burning before the center is done.

loren_eley

Thanks Amanda, much appreciated x