What can I do with crispy almond sticks in bitter chocolate? Not sure what they are called

I bought them in a Belgian Chocolate shop, but they are too bitter to eat by themselves. I don't think they added any sugar to them.

asked by lekha about 4 years ago

Meaghan F

If you crushed them into a coarse crumb, you could probably use them for all sorts of things: sprinkle on ice cream, coating for homemade truffles, mixed into almond butter, blended into a milkshake, layered inside a layer cake.

It sounds like they would make a nice addition to cookies or brownies.

I've sprinkled very dark shaved chocolate onto granita di caffe (lightly sweetened whipped cream on top) - good contrast of textures, sweet/bitter, etc. Coffee, chocolate and almond are a great trifecta - so maybe crush and use them like that.

lottoqueen

How about dipping in your (if you drink it) hot coffee to melt the chocolate then eat the cookie.